February 24, 2007
Well, hard to believe that six weeks of my Art Quilt class with Jane LaFazio have come and gone! That was way too fast! Thanks, Jane for a great class! We had a fun group, and I knew every Friday I was guaranteed some good laughs with these ladies!
Didn't get a finished piece done, but had a lot laid out to discuss--the hand-dyeds, the heat-distorted pieces, etc. After everyone shared, we got to play with Jane's new "Shrinky Dink Oven!" We used colored pencils to draw whatever we wanted onto the Shrinky Dink plastic sheets, and then we cut it out and "baked" it in the oven! Here is my experience:
Pieces are laid onto an index card and put in the oven
Pieces begin to curl and shrink
Finished work (all in about three minutes)!
Today I spent the morning working in my sewing room--taking things off the design wall, cleaning up, pressing fabric, etc. I'm ready to start something new! Actually, I made a list of all the smaller projects that have been started in the classes I've taken since January. I 'm going to choose several to take to completion, in some form or fashion. Some just need a border, others need quilting, and some need to have "the works!" My next class is not until mid-March at the Glendale Quilt Guild Show, so I've got some three weeks to re-group and do some sewing.
Last night a group of high school friends and I went to Dream Dinners. One of the friends has a husband in Iraq, and we decided to treat her to some fun and some meals! I came home with eleven meals ready to go with minimal effort! We had our first tonight, and it was so easy!
Dream Dinners night
Does this mean I have more time to work on art?
1 comment:
I always wondered about those dream diners... Fun to go with girlfriends!
Thanks for the plug for my class!! I look forward to watching your blog and seeing how your project progress. Especially the organza/cheesecloth and the house.
Post a Comment