January 20, 2007
Well, what a day! I finally got to Lesson One of four lessons in my online Quilt University class with Marjie McWilliams! Having never dyed fabric, I was understandably nervous! I decided to work downstairs, so I covered everything with plastic! That took a good while. Once I got started, though, it was a lot of fun, especially to see all the changes that would take place when adding the salt, the soda ash, etc. I also made all sorts of mixtures of different colors with the remaining basic colors--what fun! Tomorrow (while I still have my plastic everywhere) I will plan to do Lesson Two (mottled fabrics--can't wait!), and hopefully Lesson Three--that way I can be caught up! Once I find more camera batteries, I'll take photos and post them soon!
Need to go rinse the last of the fabrics!
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment